MacLeod Cottages and Canteen Limited offers 23 housekeeping cottages on the shores of Green Bay, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The cottages range in size from two to four bedrooms and most are separated from its neighbour by more than 25 meters. Each has an equipped kitchen; living room with a brick or Franklyn type fireplace or airtight stove; and 3pc bathroom with shower.
Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada
reproduced with permission from Natural Resources Canada
Rote cottage , MacMac cottage , Blueberry Hill cottage
Ship Ahoy cottage , Typical older cottage , Newer cottage
The House and The Loft are situated in a bird sanctuary on 2 acres of private, scenic, tranquil, Petite Riviere estuary shoreline. The property includes a year round 1840 circa house and a separate seasonal former sail loft. Both are set up for housekeeping. Renovated and beautifully redecorated, The House offers 5 bedrooms, maximum 10 persons; upstairs 3pc bathroom; 1 bedroom on the main floor; barrier free 3pc showerroom adjoining; kitchen, living room, dining room, pantry, washer and dryer; oil fired hot air furnace, telephone and cable TV. The Loft offers 2 large sleeping areas for 6, living room with approximately 1000 books and view overlooking the river, kitchen dining area, 3pc shower room, Franklyn type fireplace.
The House , Dining room , Main floor bedroom , Green room ,
The Loft livingroom
The immediate area offers:
-MacLeod's Canteen, seating 35, known for homemade chowders, soups, sandwiches, local fish, clams, etc.
-sandy beaches, Provincial park
-supervised and non supervised salt water swimming
- non supervised river delta swimming
- antique stores, boat building, glass and leather crafts, lobster pound
- deep sea fishing, boating, kayaking, wind surfing for expert or novice
- hiking, birding, sea shells, tidal pools, wild flowers
- deer and pheasants on the lawn, stars and moonlight never seen in the city
Rest and Relaxation ,Pet Policy ,Friends
The surrounding area offers:
-seafood restaurants, museums
- tennis courts, 4 golf courses in 45 km radius
- sailing, LaHave River Yacht Club, Chester Race Week, Mahone Bay's Wooden Boat Festival
- exhibitions, Liverpool Privateer Days, Bridgewater's South Shore Exhibition, Lunenburg's Fisheries Exhibition
- whale watching, bird watching
- National park and seaside adjunct
- South Shore Festival of the Arts
-Lunenburg's Folk Harbour Festival
For additional information or reservations by mail, phone or e-mail contact:
Miriam and Jack MacIntosh
85 Green Bay Road
Petite Riviere NS